WHAT DO I WEAR?
On starting an assignment, unless otherwise told by your consultant, you should wear a uniform (Waiter or Room attendant) according to the event environment, although please agree this with your Supervisor first
RATES OF PAY & HOURS
All the rates of pay and hours of each assignment would have been agreed in advance with you before your assignment. If during your assignment your circumstances change or the role changes contact your consultant immediately as on occasion depending on your longevity and input we can re-assess your pay rate with the Client
SICKNESS & OTHER TIME OFF
If you take ANY unscheduled days or time off work through sickness or personal reasons, you must contact your consultant to inform them, even if you have worked at the Client for a long time.
You are entitled to take paid Holidays off once they have been accrued. There are strict procedures to apply for Holiday pay so please see your ‘Contract of Services’ on how to do this correctly.
During an assignment whether at lunch or not, use of client’s equipment to browse the internet, send personal emails or making personal calls is not permitted unless otherwise given permission by your Supervisor. Your mobile should be switched off during working hours. For full details see your ‘Contract of Services’
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please respect the code of conduct and regulations of whichever organisation you are assigned to, ensuring that you maintain confidentiality at all times.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
During an assignment your well being is paramount to everybody – including you! On your first day – if you have not had a safety induction - ask your Supervisor to be shown their Fire procedures and to inform you of any other areas of risk that may be associated with your role.
Please contact your consultant immediately if there are any risks that we have not informed you of.
STARTING & DURING AN ASSIGNMENT
Throughout the Temporary recruitment process you would have been given many choices by your Consultant.
• Are you interested in the Role
• Can you commit to the end of the assignment
• Is the rate acceptable to you
• Is the travel ok
• Do you want to be put forward
• Do you still want the role after your interview
ACCEPTING A ROLE
Because of the nature of Temporary work, unfortunately you do need to make decisions quickly.
It is very important to us that once you make a decision you are prepared to honour the
assignment to the end. This is because we will reject other candidates on that basis. If you
feel that you cannot commit for any reason please let your consultant know immediately.
• You will be given a Contract of employment by Mayfair Recruitment services Ltd known as a ‘Contract of Services’
• This contract covers all employment issues from minimum pay & Holiday pay, to how to conduct yourself while working on a Clients premises during an assignment – i.e. use ofinternet, e-mail and mobile phones. You must read this carefully and send a signed copy back to your Consultant immediately.
• For EACH assignment you will receive written or e-mailed information pertaining to:
• a. Job Title
• b. Rate of pay
• c. Client address and contact details
• d. Who to report to
• e. Hours of work and time to arrive the first day, if different
• f. Brief outline of the duties of the role
• g. The amount of Holiday Pay that will be accrued hourly for the duration of the assignment
YOUR WORK CHANGES DURING AN ASSIGNMENT
Sometimes – especially over a long period you may start to take on more duties or you may start doing another job within a different department. On these occasions please contact us immediately as we will need to re-assess your role.
YOU DO NOT ENJOY THE ROLE
Even with all the recruitment processes and procedures in place, unfortunately you may find that once in an assignment you just do not like it.
• Contact your consultant immediately and explain what it is that you do not like
• Do NOT worry your Consultant WILL understand - we would rather you contact us than letting everyone down and not going in
END OF AN ASSIGNMENT
When you find out the end of your Assignment
• Contact your consultant immediately – do not assume we know!
• Put your name on the ‘Available List’ if you wish to be considered for otherjobs when the assignment ends
• Do not tell us on Friday afternoon as all the jobs will probably be filled
Tell us of any new skills you may have learnt during the assignment
Check back often for updates! Make sure you stay updated about every inside trend and tip.